Monitoring: supervision of Studer installations
Today, monitoring a renewable energy system is essential. The Studer monitoring and remote-control tools provide continuous information (real-time and past behaviour) for a deep understanding of the operation of the system. Having the right information at hand facilitates the follow up of the main performance indicators as well as remote diagnostics and problem anticipation.
Visualization tools adapted to everyone
There are three main levels of monitoring and control in the Studer environment:
- Remote Monitoring and Control for Professionals – Studer Portal
- Remote Monitoring for End-Users – Studer Easy Monitoring App
- Local Monitoring and Control
The monitoring is possible both locally and remotely with all Xtender inverter/chargers and Vario MPPT chargers.
1. Remote Monitoring and Control for Professionals – Studer Portal
Keeping an eye on a system’s operation, anticipating potential problems
Remote monitoring has been available for several years and it never stops evolving. Today it is possible to visualize in real-time the state of a connected installation as well as consulting graphs of a system’s past behaviour.
Key benefits of remote monitoring:
- Live view of a system’s consumption and production
- Remote access to the system including programming possibilities
- Graphic views of the system’s operating history
- Consult logbook of events and alarms
- All data history downloadable as a standard .csv file
- Receive notifications by email and SMS
- Share the monitoring of installations and manage right access to the different functionalities.
2. Remote Monitoring for End-Users – Studer Easy Monitoring App
A quick look on your main system performance indicators from your tablet/phone
The new Studer Easy Monitoring App has a user-friendly design which makes easy to keep an eye on an installation, displaying the most important system values at a glance. While the Studer Portal provides full access to the control and configuration of the system, the Easy Monitoring App is a pure monitoring tool reading real-time and past data from the installation. Thus, this remote monitoring can be shared without risks to any final user of the system.
- Check live status: Power, energy and battery status
- Analyse past data: power and energy graphs
- See the system notifications
Download the "Studer Easy Monitoring App" in the Apple Store or Google Play.
3. Local Monitoring and Control
All essential information saved directly on SD card at the place of installation
Even without Internet connection, key data regarding the installation is recorded every minute. This saved data makes it possible to precisely analyse the system operation later on. In case of a problem, all historic data can be extracted and analysed. The remote-control modules RCC-02/-03 as well as the Xcom-LAN/-232i all have an included SD card to perform the automatic data recording.
For ease of use of these data, a specific Excel tool has been developed for a comprehensive analysis of the data. The "Xtender Data Analysis Tool" is available to download for free from the download section on Studer Innotec’s website.
For more information on this function, click here...
Studer products for monitoring
Communication set via Internet with Xcom-LAN
Xtender, VarioTrack and VarioString systems can be constantly controlled from any remote terminal, computer, tablet or smartphone. The communication set Xcom-LAN allows connecting to sites with mobile coverage with a 3-4-5G router or simply with internet-connection over a local network.
Remote control and programming module RCC-02
The RCC-02 enables the user to supervise the system and to completely adapt it to the needs through the many parameter settings available on the Xtender, the VarioTrack and the VarioString. It has an SD card slot for local data recording.
Remote control and programming module RCC-03
The RCC-03 enables the user to supervise the system and to completely adapt it to the needs through the many parameter settings available on the Xtenders, on the VarioTracks and on the VarioStrings. It has a SD card slot for local data recording.